Wednesday 8 February 2012

I'm proud of my baby bump: Shilpa Shetty - India

08 feb 2012



I'm proud of my baby bump: Shilpa Shetty



I'm proud of my baby bump: Shilpa Shetty
Dr Sanjay Kumar Cardiac Cardiothoracic Heart Surgeon India


Shilpa Shetty shares with us the experience of being a first-time mother
Shilpa Shetty, currently in her fifth month of pregnancy, can't wait to begin playing the most personal role of her real life: a mother. Mankind's Prega News, one of the most trusted home pregnancy test-kit brands helped her discover the great news.


Shilpa says, "Mankind's Prega News confirmed the best news of my life. My husband Raj and I are ecstatic. We can't wait for the little one's arrival and for the new phase in our lives to begin," she says excitedly. Says the expectant mother, "It's a beautiful gift and the most lovely experience to go through. I am enjoying every moment of being a mother."


Has she reduced her workload post-pregnancy? "The work hasn't reduced. I have just changed my work destination. These days I travel less. I do go to the office - not every day but once in two weeks. I was more careful in the first three months; but now that I am my fifth month, I am being just a bit careful and have started spacing out my work. I am also reading a lot."


Shilpa being a health freak is also monitoring her diet. "I'm someone who likes to do things the right way, so I just have the right kind of food. I don't take the pre-natal vitamins but prefer natural foods like boiled beetroot and palak soup. Till my pregnancy, I could fit into my jeans from college but now I can fit into only two pairs of track pants, two tops and two skirts which keep altering. I really want to start a maternity line soon as we don't have anything here in India."


Recently, the media said she was hiding her tummy when she went for a charity event. An irritated Shilpa retorts, "I'm very proud of my baby bump. I would never think of hiding it."

No comments:

Post a Comment